Written and Copyright © cacdesings
This is my own creation, any similarities to other
tutorials is purely coincidental and unintentional.
Move the hand along each step you are on so you don't lose track:
Just left click on the hand and drag to where your at:
My Color Chart. Save to your C drive.
1. New image 100 x 100.
2. Your going to have to zoom
in to about 1000.
3. Complete your outline like mine below.
Remember if there is no number associated with the pixel then its 1 pixel or 2
4. After you complete your outline right click and copy it. Start a new
image 50 x 50 and paste as a new layer so that it is in the center of your
working canvas. You can close your original outline now.
Save the new outline as a PNG save so that you can use it again if you choose to
6. Above is my color chart in case you want to make other
bees of different colors. For this lesson were going to look at
shadows and lights.
7. Set your foreground color to black. Take your
magic wand and click in the center of your bee and flood fill with
black. See example
8. Selections/select none.
9. Change your foreground
color to: #fcbd10
your magic wand click inside the center of your bee including the head and flood fill with your
12. Go to effects/3d effects/cutout and add this cutout. Your shadow color
13. Selections/select none.
14. New raster layer.
15. Set your foreground color to #fffce1 and using your magic
wand click in your bees wings and flood fill them on the new raster layer.
16. Doulbe click on that raster layer and lower the opacity to 50.
17. Selections/select none
18. Add this drop shadow to your finished Bee.
19. Save it as a PNG and turn it in for credit.
1. Turn in your finished Bee in PNG format.
Graphics/Content © 2006 Queen Krissy New-Bee's. All Rights Reserved.