Written and Copyright @ cacdesigns 2010
This is my own
creation; any similarities to other tutorials are
coincidental and unintentional.
Move the hand along each step you are on so
you don't lose track:
Just left click on the hand and drag
to where your at:
1. New Image 300 x 300.
2. Make your settings the same as mine
below and yoru foreground make it #000000.
3. Lets start with the flag pool.
4. Lets move to the left sail
5. Right sail
6. Bottom portion of the boat.
This is what my boat looks like finished:
7. Save your finished boat as a png or
pspimage so you can use it again.
Now let's color it.
8. Click on your left sail with your
magic wand and flood fill it with white.
9. Now lets add a shadow to it.
While its still highlighted go to selections/float. Now to
go effects/3d effects/cut out and apply this cut out.
10. Selections/select none.
11. Now select the right sail with
your magic wand and flood fill it with white.
12. Selections/float and apply the
same cut out as above.
13. Selections/select none.
14. Lets work on our flag. I'll show
you by my example what I did. You can choose to do it the
way I did or on your own. If you want the colors I used
then just right click on the image below and save to your C
15. This is what I did for the bottom part of
1st select the boat part and flood fill it with your
choice I used: #95602b
I then added a new raster layer and flood filled
that layer with this color: #c39559
Then I went and added noise to the new layer this
was my setting:
Finally on that layer I added this motion blur.
Finally I re-outlined everything to coordinate with
the colors that I used. See Example. This is a
matter of choice so its not necessary to re-outline unless you
1. Turn in your PNG boat outline for credit.
2. Turn in your colored pixel boat for credit.
2006 Queen Krissy New-Bee's. All Rights Reserved.