Written and Copyright © cacdesings
This is my own creation, any similarities to other
tutorials is purely coincidental and unintentional.
Move the hand along each step you are on so you don't lose track:
Just left click on the hand and drag to where your at:
My Color Chart. Save to your C drive.
1. New image 100 x 100.
2. Your going to have to zoom
in to about 1000.
3. Complete your outline like mine below.
Remember if there is no number associated with the pixel then its 1 pixel or 2
4. After you complete your outline right click and copy it. Start a new
image 50 x 50 and paste as a new layer so that it is in the center of your
working canvas. You can close your original outline now.
Save the new outline as a PNG save so that you can use it again if you choose to
6. Above is my color chart in case you want to make other
butterflies of different colors. For this lesson were going to look at
shadows and lights.
7. Set your foreground color to: #a25870 go to
selections/select all then selections/float and flood fill with your foreground color.
8. Selections/select none.
9. Now that your outline
is colored set your foreground color to: #cea4b2.
your magic wand click inside the butterfly wings and flood fill with your
11. Selections/select none.
12. Set your foreground color
to #f9c1d8 and outline in the same manner that I have. See below:
13. Set your foreground color to #fbd5e6 and make your next outline the same as
14. Set your foreground color to #fdedf5 and outlie the
center of your butterfly in the transparent areas.
15. Change your foreground to black and lets give your butterfly a little
definition. Outline the center and the antennas of the butterfly.
See my example below.
16. Add this drop shadow to your finished butterfly.
17. Save it as a PNG and turn it in for credit.
1. Turn in your finished butterfly in PNG format.
2. Color 2 more butterflies and turn in as PNG format.
Graphics/Content © 2006 Queen Krissy New-Bee's. All Rights Reserved.