Written and Copyright © cacdesings
This is my own creation, any similarities to other
tutorials is purely coincidental and unintentional.
Move the hand along each step you are on so you don't lose track:
Just left click on the hand and drag to where your at:
1. Right click on your Giraffe above and save it to your C drive.
Open it up in PSP.
2. Use your magic wand and click inside
the Giraffe, in every part but the spots, the lower part of the legs and the
hoofs. Everything else should be selected.
your foreground to: #ead266 and flood fill your giraffe. This is what mine
looks like after being flood filled:
4. Add a new raster layer rename it dark change your foreground to: #b6813d make
your brush settings the same as mine below:
5. On your dark raster layer color out some dark shadows. See my example
below for placement.
6. Go to adjust/Blur/Gaussian Blur/ Radius 3.
7. On your dark
layer right click and merge down.
8. Go to adjust/add remove
noise/add noise and make your settings the same as mine.
9. Make a new raster layer and rename it light.
your foreground to white and at the belly of your giraffe add some white paint.
See my example.
11. Add the same blur as in step 6.
12. Right click on the
light layer and merge down.
13. Selections/select none.
14. Use your magic wand and click on the lower portion of the legs, change
your foreground color to #d3e7f0 and flood fill your legs. See my example.
15. Go to selections/float.
effects/cutout and apply this cutout.
17. Selections/select none.
18. With your magic wand click
on the spots and flood fill with this color: #e56037
Repeat step 8.
20. Selections/select none.
Select the hoofs with your magic wand and flood fill them with : #37120a
22. Selections/select none.
23. On my face of the giraffe I
did a little bit of touch ups I darkend around the eyes and of course at the top
of the head and the nose. Just to give my giraffe some facial definition.
24. On the legs I re-outlined my lower legs and hoofs.
25. Save your finished work as a png.
1. Turn in your finished giraffe based on the lesson above.
2. Make another one this time choose some different colors
for dark and light shadows. Here is an example of my second one.
Graphics/Content © 2006 Queen Krissy New-Bee's. All Rights Reserved.