Flower Tubes used (download here)
Girl Tubes used (download
1. Open a new image 500 x 500 transparent. I
like it large to work with it easier but later we will crop it
down a little
2. Open up your 2 tubes provided and choose a color
from the tube. Or if you choose you can find a tube that
you would like to use. After you find the color you want
to use flood fill the color into the new image.
3. Go to effects/Texture Effects/texture
4. Follow these settings and give your background
some texture. Don't forget to scroll down on the Texture
portion and look for Canvas simple.
Note go to your layers pallet right click on the raster 1
and rename it background.
5. Now open up your main tube. Mine is the
girl. Right click on it and then click on Copy.
6. Now move to your new background and right click on
it and click on paste.
7. Your tube not should be center of your
background. Let's crop it down a little so its now so
large and fits better within the frame. You do this like
so: On your left hand side of your PSP you will see the
crop symbol (look at example) once you have activated it
by click on it you move to your image and left click on your
mouse and you will see a box starting on the image, drag your
mouse until you happy with the size of the box. Then
double click on the center of the image and your entire image
will crop down to a different size. Remember that you
have your redo button on your PSP if your not happy with the
8. Go to your layers pallet on the right side and
click on Raster 1 and merge Visible.
9. Lets start adding a frame. Go
10. And choose a color that is not in your
image. (Its easier to select it if it doesn't match)
Following my settings below add a border.
11. Using your magic wand click inside of your new
border. You will notice that you have 2 sets of marching
ants. This is how PSP determines what is to be worked
12. Go to your materials pallet on the right hand
side and double click on the "Foreground" then choose pattern
and look for the gold filled one.
13. Now activate your paint can on the left hand side
place it over your border and left click. Your gold will
now replace the color you used for the border.
14. Go to selection and invert.
15. Go to effects/3d Effects/innerbevel. Use
the following settings.
16. Select None.
17. Let's add a second border same step at step
number 10 but this time lets add it at 30 pixels.
18. Flood fill this border ( see step 13) and flood
fill it with the same color that you used for your tube.
19. Let's add a blind to this border. With your
marching ants still there go to effects/Texture
20. Use the same as I did:
21. Select none.
22. Open up the flower tube and follow the same
procedure as copying and pasting as in step 5 and 6.
Move your flower tube my using the raster deform tool to the
upper part of your image. Towards the left hand side of
Go to the layers pallet and left click on the flower tube
you just added and rename it flower.
23. When you happy with the placement go to Effect/3D
24. Use my settings below.
25. Now go to the layers pallet and double click on
the flower layer and lower the
26. Now go to the layers pallet and double click on
the flower layer and lower the Opacity to 54. Click okay
when your done. You just made the flower a little more
27. Now while your on your flower layer
left click on it and go to duplicate.
28. You should now have a duplicated
flower layer, with that duplicated layer active go to